- - Wilson Health Medical Group
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Medical Scribe for the Wilson Health Medical Group at the Sidney City Schools location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 Hours per week / 80 Hours per pay
Position Reports to: Primary Ops Director
Job Summary: Responsible for accompanying provider in the patient examination room and documents clinical note, laboratory results, prescription refills, procedures, billing information and any other documentation as directed by the provider.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and assembles medical record documentation/charts for physician(s).
- Enters the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications.
- Ensures medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation.
- Updates patient history, physical exam, and other pertinent health information in the patient
- Prepares and sends all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures.
- Monitors the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures.
- Complies with hospital and medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA and HFAP.
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
- Administrative writing skills
- Reporting skills
- Organizational skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Verbal Communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree with pre-health career track preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy a plus
- Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs
- Minimum of 60 WPM preferred
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).