- - Info Com
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time - 1st Shift
The Network Analyst recommends, installs, builds, configures, administers, monitors, tests and troubleshoots server and PC hardware/software, network infrastructure equipment, voice communications equipment (VOIP), and all related peripherals. Monitors equipment inventory as received from vendors and assembles systems as required. Configures server installations, network infrastructure equipment and security parameters to match hospital standards, HIPAA and individual project requirements. Provides primary client-server hardware/software and application support while providing excellent customer service. Attends project meetings as assigned and participates in application evaluation and selection processes. Provides disaster recovery planning and support including backup/recovery processes. Establishes and documents hospital standards pertaining to organizational server computer hardware, software and peripherals. Processes work tickets as required by established IS and ITIL procedures. Provides On-Call after hours support, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following.
Server/PC/VoIP Hardware/Software Installation and Administration
- Handles the receipt of hardware from vendors/storeroom according to applicable procedures
- Builds and installs hardware/software in a timely manner, properly and according to applicable procedures
- Appropriately prioritizes daily installation tasks
- Administers server systems as required and per IS policies and procedures
- Determines special hardware requirements as necessary and provides vendor quotations to the Network Manager as requested
Server/PC/VoIP Hardware/Software Troubleshooting
- Provides effective, sound and timely troubleshooting skills for all customers
- Maintains knowledge of the latest hardware/software used in the WMH environment
- Advises Network Manager of issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner
- Shows initiative in troubleshooting issues and escalates unresolved issues to the Network Manager in a timely manner
- Attends project team meetings as required
- Creates project plans as necessary for client-server application implementation
- Accomplishes project tasks as assigned in a timely manner and while providing excellent customer service
Disaster Recovery and Security
- Incorporates disaster recovery and security best practices in all system implementations
- Creates documentation to support disaster recovery processes
- Implements backup processes to ensure system application data is protected from loss
- Implements security parameters that provide the highest level of information security (Data Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability) while providing the ability for the application to function as required
Issue Processing and Resolution
- Maintains knowledge of the IS department's ITIL process and procedures
- Processes assigned tickets in a timely manner, including providing ticket updates as required
- Adheres to the ITIL policies throughout the process of troubleshooting issues
Computer Hardware/Software Standards Documentation
- Creates/maintains documentation as required by ITIL policies
- Creates/maintains documentation related to standard operating procedures
- Creates/maintains documentation related to troubleshooting equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four degree or a two year degree (with appropriate experience) from college or technical school in information's system related field. Healthcare environment experience; ITIL process experience. Network troubleshooting experience with varied software packages exposure. Hands-on experience with Microsoft OS/Active Directory/SCCM/SQL/Exchange, Cisco Route/Switch/ASA/Unified Communications/Wireless, VMWare, NetApp, EMC, and Citrix. Cisco or Microsoft Certification a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to work in highly stressful environment. An in-depth understanding of computer technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or casuistic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.